Data shows that people seeking divorce attorneys in Bergen County, New Jersey, and Monmouth County, New Jersey, often search on Google “divorce lawyer near me.” In our opinion, if you are a person within Bergen County New Jersey, or Monmouth County, New Jersey, and are searching for a “divorce lawyer near me,” yes, it is convenient that your attorney is nearby, but there may be additional things to consider and good questions to ask.
In our opinion, one of the best ways to evaluate a lawyer’s legal capacity and fit for your case is by interviewing them. You may find that most attorneys will offer an introductory consultation (regularly an hour or less) at no charge. If you are seeking a divorce attorney, and you do interview the attorney, here are some questions that may be helpful to ask.
- What kind of background does the attorney have in divorce law?
- How long have they been in the practice of divorce law?
- What is their history of success in divorce law cases?
- What portion of their caseload is dedicated to divorce law?
- What are their legal fees?
- Who else would be helping on your case and what are their hourly fees?
- What additional costs may be included in addition to lawyer fees (postage, filing fees, copy fees, etc.)?
- How frequently will you be invoiced?
- How will they notify you of progress in your case?
- Do they have a composed fee arrangement or representation contract?
- Can they render testimonials from other clients?
Following the meeting with the attorney, you should understand the lawyer’s experience and background in divorce law and assess that they maintain the abilities and knowledge to handle your case. You should also be able to determine that you are satisfied with the fees and how they are structured. Lastly, you may want to make sure that they are someone that you would be comfortable dealing with.
If you live in Bergen County, New Jersey, or Monmouth County, New Jersey and are facing the possibility of divorce, to learn more, ask questions, and seek advice, give “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” New Jersey divorce and family lawyer Sheena Burke Williams Esq. a call at (201) 497-8700. She’d love to talk.
This blog post contains MARKETING MATERIAL and general information and opinions from Burke Williams, LLC and is not intended to be a source of legal advice for any purpose. Neither receipt of information presented on this blog, nor the sending of any email or other electronic communication to Burke Williams, LLC or its lawyers through this blog, nor the sending of any electronic communication through any of Burke Williams, LLC’s site and social media pages linked to this blog shall create an attorney-client relationship, and any such email or communication will not be treated as confidential.
No reader of this blog should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information included on this blog without seeking legal advice of counsel. Burke Williams, LLC expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any content in this blog. Furthermore, Burke Williams, LLC expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any content on Burke Williams, LLC ‘s site and social media pages linked to this blog.